I have immediate fears for my safety
Fire, Ambulance, Police

I have nowhere safe to stay tonight
Call Link2Home now on

I am experiencing domestic
and family violence
NSW Domestic Violence Helpline (available 24/7)

I am having suicidal thoughts or having a really difficult time in life
(feeling really low, life just seems too much)

You can reach out to Kids Helpline via any of these means:

Phone Assistance

1800 55 1800 kidshelpline.com.au

You can reach out to Lifeline via any of these means:

Phone Assistance

131 114

Text Assistance

0477 13 11 14

Do you have no credit on your phone but you have access to wifi


For further mental health support, you could also join the online community for eHeadspace:


Or find a Headspace centre:


Important links for housing support

I have received a notice of termination from my landlord

Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Services


I need urgent bond or advanced
rent assistance

DCJ Housing operates and funds Rentstart to provide financial bond loan or advanced rent assistance for eligible clients to help them set up or maintain a tenancy in the private rental market.

For more information


Call Rentstart Bond Loans on

1800 422 322

I would like to learn more about homelessness services in my area
(this includes specific housing services for youth, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, women, men, escaping domestic and family violence, LGBTQI+ or families)

Click on the Ask Izzy Directory at the bottom of this page – select Housing – follow the question prompts.

I am on Centrelink benefits and would like assistance with paying my rent
(Commonwealth Rent Assistance)?

Rent Assistance is a Centrelink income supplement payable to eligible people who rent in the private rental market or community housing. If you are in receipt of another form of Centrelink Assistance, you may be eligible for Rent Assistance.

For more information


I am experiencing or escaping family and domestic violence and would like to rent privately

Start Safely supports people who have already left or need to escape domestic and family violence and wish to secure private rental accommodation. To find out more about the eligibility criteria


If you would like to talk to someone about Start Safely call your local Housing office (click here to find the local DCJ or Community Housing office) or call the Housing Contact Centre on

1800 422 322

I am a homeless young person (without a permanent, safe or affordable residence) and I am needing help to look for a private rental

Young people aged between 16 and 24 years may be eligible for Rent Choice Youth. This is a program for up to 3 years that helps young people find an affordable rental, pay a portion of the rent and provide support to improve financial independence (helping you stay on track with your employment and study goals).

To learn more about whether or not you are eligible and where to find a local Rent Choice Youth Support provider


I have a permanent and ongoing disability or impairment and I am at risk of homelessness as I, or another family member need more support
in my home

If you already have a home but feel you or a family member need more support in the home due to your disability, first explore all the options around NDIS eligibility as NDIS can offer support in the home including supported independent living options.

Find out how to apply


Or if you are an existing participant, find out more about the range of home and living NDIS supports


I have a permanent and ongoing disability or impairment and I am homeless

If you are homeless and you have disability that impacts your ability to look for and secure private rental, you may require support with longer term housing such as social housing or supported independent living.

Call your local Housing office
(click here to find the local DCJ or Community Housing office) or call the Housing Contact Centre on

1800 422 322

to find more about applying for social housing

Other important crisis links

Ask Izzy is a mobile website that connects people in need with housing, a meal, money help, health and wellbeing services, family violence support, counselling, facilities, wifi and charging and much more

Helpful Free APP services

Health Direct

Australia’s free health app that helps you to make informed decisions about your health. Check your symptoms, find a health service and search for trusted health information through the app. You can also connect the app to your My Health Records, including your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, immunisations, pathology reports and Medicare items.


Beyond Now App

Beyond Now is a suicide safety planning app from Beyond Blue. Safety planning can help if you or someone you know is having trouble coping including experiencing suicidal thoughts or feelings. The app helps you prepare a convenient and confidential structured plan, which you can use to assist yourself, or share with people you trust or your health professional for extra support when you’re feeling distressed. A safety plan is accessible and fits in your pocket.


Daisy App

Daisy connects people experiencing violence or abuse to local services across Australia (and can also help family members and friends to gather information and support people who are experiencing violence).

Using Daisy, you can find view service information of 1000+ support services across Australia, find information about 1800RESPECT translated into 28 languages, find instructions for using the Translators and Interpreters Service (TIS National), and search the internet for more information without leaving a history in the browser.